...are the best day of the week, minus my guilt for always skipping church. Sometimes I read the Bible, sometimes I read some poetry, sometimes I try and write some. usually i read the boston sunday globe and skip most everything until i find the Ideas section. It only comes on Sunday and is always full of promise, like I will read something that will fill me with a whole new direction. brand new wonderings and insight. usually this does not happen, but you never stop hoping.
actually most sundays i wake up at 9 hungover and put on dirty jeans. trudge the same route i always take to school. listen to my ipod, lately josh ritter or older loves, like patty griffin. i love patty griffin. she has a gritty hard voice.
my dad is a pastor. he spoke at a church in arlington and afterwards called to say "can i come and have a cannoli with you?"
we sat at cafe victoria on hanover street and talked about the red sox spring training, and how he--a republican!--voted for obama.
2 comments:
A few comments...
1- That's not a guilty conscience, thats the Holy Spirit... Get your ass in church, and stop drinking so much on Saturday nights!
2- I understand your sadness about the future inevidability(sp?). I often feel the same way when I think about my mom's future passing... BUT we need to remember that Christians never die! Jesus tells us this directly, John 11:25-26 "Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?'"
What a great promise to rest in!
kate! i am still loving your blog and i LOVE patty griffin too. have you heard "the rowing song" by here? it is really beautiful! keep on writing.
Post a Comment