Nana P is 89. She recently told noah and me that football is why she "keeps on ticking" and that she "lives for the patriots." she has a closetful of patriots sportswear, and the only ornaments she put on her small fake christmas tree this year were Pats ornaments. (small plastic footballs with santa hats, and so on.) she might love the patriots more than anyone i know.
I have never known my Nana to write poetry... but i suppose in times of great sorrow, it can help a person cope. she wrote this on sunday night and gave it to my mom.
"Ode to the Patriots"
by Betty Parsons
oh that a dream so sweet, so long enjoyed
should be so cruelly, so sadly destroyed
1 comment:
That is the best argument I've ever heard for liking the Pats. I'm convinced. Never again will a cynical comment about New England football leave these lips.
Post a Comment