Thursday, January 24, 2008

"All the pieces matter"

So. While my readerships is slight.... it must be said: The Wire needs to be watched.

it is epic in scope... with small, real characters that add up to the whole; season 1 you meet drug dealers and the cops trying to build a case. season 4 you see the kids of the folks in season 1. politics, money, codes, personal morales, and government offices all interplay, making a real world mess with hope fringing on the sides. T

"the wire" is stark and stunning. precise in writing, darkly apt in character formation. watch it. commit to two episodes of the first season, and you won't stop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea, whatever, i watched pretty much the entire first season and didnt like it. nice try. good thing lost is coming back soon otherwise i might be forced to watch it.

Unknown said...

So I just read all the entries you've made on your blog. My plan was only to read the first couple and then start paying attention to what's going on the LPS, but once I started I couldn't stop...you're an amazing writer!!!

Anonymous said...

Wee-Bey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!