today, I miss the salt sea air in my Gloucester apartment. the cool wood floors, in the summer sprinkled with beach sand. the red dining room where we broke bread with friends.
I believe I will be able to remember the smell of the Atlantic in Gloucester harbor even when i am an old, unfolding woman. That I will almost be able to taste it.
2 comments:
there are lots of days that i remember...but one day in the summer i put on capris and a tank top and flip flops and walked to your apartment for drinks and dinner. i can feel everything about that five minute walk : my toes sliding forward on the walk down the hill, the smells of fish and salt and cookouts, the heat tempered by the breeze. its nice to live by the ocean. i love living in the city though. i wish i could live in a city on the ocean. however, i dont really see myself living in miami. too many tropical prints and schmoozy men in white linen pants.
from, meg.
i thought you might like this blog by lost's damon lindelof:
http://whywewriteseries.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/why-we-write-number-8-damon-lindelof/
Post a Comment